Current Version: 3.9
OS: Win 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP
Is our latest, greatest and probably last "talking web browser" version. An honest to goodness solid web browser that features several options that are very unique. This browser takes advantage of Microsoft Agent© technology at it's finest.
Browser screen shots in some of the many colors & characters you can select click to enlarge)...
A screen shot of the interactive help system we call the "Helpster©". Software help systems don't have to be boring any more! Copyright©1999-2000 Code-it Software
Web Talkster v3.9 is the result of on going development and improvements made to the Talking Browser v1.0, Web Talkster v1.2 , Talking Browser 2.0, Premo Web Talkster v1.0.f, Premo Web Talkster v2.0, and the Web Talkster v3.0, v3.2, v3.7 browser applications that have an audience of over an estimated 200,000 valued and loyal users.
This software application gives you the option of having the browser "talk" the text content of a web page by means of one of many available antimated characters to choose from, by simply clicking the "Speak" button. In simple language, it is a talking web browser. The software has been tested and "talks" all formats of web sites with the exception of approx. 6% (beta test results) due to exotic programming formats and frame configurations.
Features included within the application are as follows:
- GUI interface with all standard Windows options.
- A clean & uncluttered Windows interface.
- Load most any text or web page document into the browser.
- Ability to select the color of the "skin" as well as the command buttons. This feature lets you have it your way!
- "Bookmark Manager" lets you add, delete, organize (add and delete folders) , as well as navigate browser to a selected URL. Takes advantage of the Microsoft Internet Explorer bookmark system.
- Option of viewing source code, save, edit, print. The use of Microsoft Notepad is implicated.
- "Find on this page" function.
- Convenient "Search" text input box that gives you the option of conducting a web search directly from the browser.
- Select one of several different Agent© characters (option to download from the many choices available at no charge) you want as your "Talkster" or none at all. Download and install as many as you want and change within the browser when the mood strikes!
- Ability to "drag" the Agent© character to any where on the screen.
- Standard browser options (i.e. back, forward, refresh, stop, home, and print). Automatically uses the
- "Home" page that you have set in Microsoft I.E.
- Capability to load and have spoken any text based document into the browser.
- Have the character "speak" the web page loaded. This feature has been improved to allow more sites to be "talked" and in a more realistic manner.
- Have the character "speak" only selected text after high-lighting OR copying to the clipboard.
- Stop "Speaking" option.
- Option to change the speed, pitch, type, and volume of the speech output.
- Option to change the size of the Agent© character.
- Will operate without being connected to the INTERNET for off-line review of documents or saved web pages (will not force ISP connection).
- Show character "text balloon" or turn it off.
- Move character on or off the viewing area.
- Gives you the option of allowing / not allowing "pop-up" windows off web sites.
- Saves all option "settings" and implements them at startup.
- An antimated program "Helpster" feature. No more boring text based text pages; let your "Talkster" help you in a more humanist way.This is real cool!
- Includes a handy "Surf'n Notes" program that lets you keep notes on web sites or URL's visited.
- Automatically saves your notes upon exit and restores when re-activated. Never lose a note again!
- Offers an option to select what Text 2 Speech engine to use. This feature not only allows you to simply change what TTS engine to use but what voice within that TTS engine and which language. (i.e. select a Spanish TTS engine, and the browser will read a Spanish content web page in that language with the selected voice.). Most TTS engines include at least 2 voice choices, being male and female, while some offer as many as 8.
- Offers a link where you can download and install TTS engines, that once installed, the browser will automatically detect and allow you to use. Many of these TTS engines are free to download/ install; therefore, use within the browser in different languages.
The min. requirements for this software application are:
- Pent.133 IBM / Comp. CPU
- Microsoft Windows™ 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP (will not operate on Windows Workgroups)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0+ (takes advantage of several .dll files in I.E.)
- 12 MB free hard disk space, 16 MB Memory
- Sound card compatible with MS Windows Sound System & speakers
- Text - 2 - Speech engine, Microsoft Agent©, and Agent© Character (all included within the Setup program)
- Modem and ISP connection to the INTERNET
Software contains NO Adware (other then a link to this site), Spyware, or known intrusive code.
Download it here >>> W_Talkster.exe (8.88Mb)